swimming for babies
Baby swimming is becoming more and more popular. This is not surprising, because swimming is very useful almost from birth. Classes in the pool normalize sleep, improve appetite, increase cellular metabolism and develop the baby's body. Doctors note that children who visit the pool develop quickly and harmoniously.
Baby swimming - this is bathing and performing a set of exercises in the water, based on the reflexes of a child under the age of 3 years. Water procedures are aimed at improving the physical and neuro-psychological development of an infant.
Benefits of swimming for babies What does the pool give to the baby?
For 9 months in the mother's womb, the baby is in the aquatic environment, so it is familiar and natural for him.
The benefits of water procedures for babies have long been known. Usually they are carried out in a home bath, but it will be even more effective swimming for babies in the pool.
The procedure has a positive effect on the whole body:
- activates the activity of the respiratory system;
- improves heart function;
- stimulates the physical and mental development of the baby;
- promotes the formation of correct posture, strengthens the musculoskeletal system;
- saturates tissues with oxygen;
- improves blood circulation;
- normalizes muscle tone;
- stimulates the work of the organs of the digestive system;
- increases the body's ability to resist infectious pathogens, due to the hardening of the body.
Benefits of swimming in a baby pool
Infants who visit the pool develop faster than their peers, they begin to demonstrate successful crawling and walking skills earlier. Swimming for children useful for normalizing their emotional state: water procedures have a calming effect on infants with emotional instability. They help to normalize sleep, improve appetite and, accordingly, the necessary weight gain.
In addition, systematic swimming lessons:
🐟 strengthen the cardiovascular system;
🐟 develop the respiratory system;
🐟 harden the baby;
🐟 strengthening muscles and skeleton;
🐟 getting used to adequate physical activity;
🐟 prevention of acute respiratory diseases;
🐟increased lung capacity
🐟 Development of verbal and non-verbal communication skills.
🐟 Brain and speech development
But before you go to our pool, be sure to fill out a medical questionnaire so that we correctly adjust the program and the lesson is as effective as possible for your baby.
Swimming cost for babies
In our spa complex ARK SPA PALACE you can purchase children's club cards.
DURATION OF LESSONS IN THE BABY POOL - 30 MINUTES.
For children under 5 years - 40 minutes. For children from 5 years old - 50 minutes
Indications for baby swimming
Water procedures are useful for almost all babies, but there are a number of indications for which they are medically necessary:
- violations of tone - water has a relaxing effect on children with increased excitability (hypertonicity) and strengthens muscles with hypotonicity;
- prematurity or the birth of a child weighing less than 2.5 kg - swimming contributes to a harmonious weight gain, accelerates the development of immature systems;
- cerebral palsy - swimming lessons with a coach have a general strengthening effect, eliminate pain, normalize coordination of movements;
- pathology of the musculoskeletal system - hip dysplasia, valgus foot;
- torticollis - swimming helps to relax the muscles on the side of the lesion and eliminate pain;
- malnutrition is an eating disorder accompanied by a lack of body weight.
The procedure is shown as one of the methods for the prevention of infectious diseases.
Most babies tolerate swimming well, and water treatments have few restrictions. Swimming pool for babies not recommended for purulent skin lesions, severe pathologies of the heart, liver and kidneys, the presence of wounds, epilepsy and frequent seizures. Intestinal infections, hydrocephalus, fever due to infectious diseases are also among the contraindications to staying in the pool.
When can I start baby swimming?
Swimming lessons for children can be started immediately after the healing of the umbilical wound. This usually happens two to three weeks after birth. The best time to start is between one and three months. It is advisable to start the procedures before the time when the baby retains congenital reflexes.
How many times a week should a baby go to the pool?
In order for classes to be beneficial, it is necessary to make them regular. Recommended at least 2-3 sessions in the pool weekly.
WHAT AGE IS BABY SWIMMING?
The first baby swimming lessons can be started in the home bath from 2-3 weeks of age, when the umbilical cord falls off and the navel heals.
Basic rules for baby swimming
In the period from three to six months, the baby masters the basic movements and weaned from the support of an adult. At the age of 6 to 9 months, the baby begins to swim without parental support.
The following rules must be observed:
- to remain calm and confident in their actions, a positive mood from an adult is transmitted to the baby;
- pre-water procedures are carried out in the bath, at home;
- carefully monitor the temperature of the water, during the first classes it should be at least 36 C, then it is gradually reduced to 32 C;
- duration of swimming lessons 30 minutes;
- it is not recommended to swim immediately after feeding, some time should pass.
How are the activities with the kids in the pool?
Infant swimming is carried out with mother and child in small groups. Trust our specialist and you will get the maximum result and pleasure from training.
- In groups up to 6 people
- Children are divided by age and physical development
- There are personal training sessions for children with special needs
- The exact time and day of your classes is set by the administrator
What should a child take to the pool?
Swimming requires the following equipment:
- aqua swimming trunks, they are necessary for swimming in pools; at home, the baby can be naked in the bathroom;
Benefits of swimming with a personal trainer
Parents are often confused about baby swimming with a coach, considering that at such an early age there is no need for systemic studies. Many believe that water procedures for an infant are carried out mainly for a general wellness purpose, and a mother can handle this task on her own.
Learning to swim with a coach has its benefits. It can be done in groups or individually.
Benefits of swimming with a coach
Individual swimming lessons for children include exercise under the supervision of a trainer. The benefits of these activities include:
- systematic implementation of exercises, their selection taking into account the capabilities of the child;
- solving individual problems of the child related to the characteristics of his health;
- moral support and provision of recommendations to parents on the improvement and hardening of the child;
- maximum comfort and safety of the baby;
- the time and duration of classes are coordinated taking into account the child's day regimen, periods of his sleep and wakefulness.
There are also options for swimming pool with a trainer for childrenth, when mothers are engaged with children on their own, but under the supervision of an instructor.
When choosing a swimming pool, you need to pay attention to its location, the level of cleanliness, the availability of places for feeding a child.
The choice of a coach for individual lessons should take into account his experience with kids and the level of qualification. It is important that the instructors have a medical background and additional specialization in infant swimming.
Comfortable conditions for swimming for children in Odessa in a modern swimming pool, many problems with physical health and psycho-emotional state can be eliminated.
Breast swimming does not set itself the goal of necessarily forming a future Olympic champion. The main task is to make the child happy, healthy and harmoniously developed.